Beginning at Noon Central on July 22, 2010, the American Bar Association (ABA) Real Property Probate & Trust (RPTE) Section Employee Benefits & Other Compensation Group and ABA Tax Section Subcommittee on Self Correction, Determination Letters and other Administrative Practice will host a special one hour telephone conference call on questions regarding the tax-qualified employee benefit plan determination letter program and interim amendments.
Slated to begin at 1 PM Eastern, Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain and 10 AM Pacific Time, Ingrid Grinde, Manager, Group 1, EP Technical Guidance and Quality Assurance of the IRS will is expected to be joined by Michael Spaid, an actuary in the Employee Plans, Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, IRS for this second “study group” session, which follows up on a study group session hosted by the RPTE Section in March, 2010.
The July 22 program is in lieu of the regular bimonthly RPTE Employee Benefits Group conference call, which typically are held at 1 PM Eastern, Noon Central on the first Monday of every other month
The call will again be lead by members of the RPTE Employee Benefits & Other Compensation Group Leadership, Joy Mercer, Frank Palmieri and Lisa Tavares.
The phone number and passcode for the special call are:
(866 ) 603 – 1269
Conference ID # 85693340
Company Name: American Bar Association
Leader Name: Robert Miller
As this is an operator assisted call with a limited number of lines available, organizers recommend persons planning to join the call dial in approximately 10 minutes early, to avoid any delay and to reserve a line.
About the Author
This information is provided by author Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. If you need help with human resources or other management, concerns, wish to ask about compliance, risk management or training, or need legal representation on other matters please contact Cynthia Marcotte Stamer here or (469)767-8872.
Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, management attorney and consultant Ms. Stamer has more than 23 years experience working with employers, professional employment organizations, employee benefit plan sponsors and administrators and others on a wide range of labor and employment, employee benefits, and other management matters. The Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) RPTE Employee Benefits & Other Compensation Committee, a Council Representative on the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits, Government Affairs Committee Legislative Chair for the Dallas Human Resources Management Association, the editor of Solutions Law Press HR & Benefits Update and, Ms. Stamer also is recognized for her publications, industry leadership, workshops and presentations on these and other health industry and human resources concerns. She regularly speaks and conducts training for the ABA, Institute of Internal Auditors, Society for Professional Benefits Administrators, Southwest Benefits Association and many other organizations. Publishers of her many highly regarded writings on health industry and human resources matters include the Bureau of National Affairs, Aspen Publishers, ABA, AHLA, Aspen Publishers, Schneider Publications, Spencer Publications, World At Work, SHRM, HCCA, State Bar of Texas, Business Insurance, James Publishing and many others. You can review other highlights of Ms. Stamer’s experience here.
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing other recent Solutions Law Press updates including:
- Labor Department FMLA Guidance Signals Need For Employer Care Determing Who Qualifies As Child
- Agencies Release Regulations Implementing Affordable Care Act Health Plan Preventative Care Mandates
- New Retirement Plan Resource To Help Spanish-Speaking Participants With Retirement Planning
- Office of Civil Rights Proposes Changes To HIPAA Privacy, Security & Civil Sanctions Rules
- St. Louis Employer’s OSHA Violations Trigger Contempt Order and Penalties
- Review & Strengthen Defensibility of Existing Worker Classification Practices In Light of Rising Congressional & Regulatory Scrutiny
- Key Affordable Care Act Health Plan Coverage Mandates Guidance Issued June 28; Apply ASAP For Early Retirement Reinsurance Program
- HHS, DOL & IRS Rules Define “Grandfathered” Group Health Plans & Health Insurance Coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- New Rule Requires Federal Government Contractors To Post New “Employee Rights Under The National Labor” Poster
- Defined Contribution Plans Investing In Publically Traded Employer Securities Face New Requirements
- CBO Raises Estimated Cost of Health Care Reforms As Employers, Health Plans Brace Costs Of Newly Effective & Impending Mandates
- Certain Workforce Reductions Trigger Plant Closing Notice & Other Obligations
- Mishandling Employee Benefit Obligations Creates Big Liabilities For Distressed Businesses & Their Business Leaders
- DOL Plans To Tighten Employment Protections For Disabled Veterans & Other Disabled Employees Signals Need For Businesses To Tighten Defenses
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile here or e-mailing this information here or registering to receive our Solutions Law Press distributions here. For important information about this communication click here.