Employers, retirement plan fiduciaries, administrators, investment and financial advisors with Spanish speaking participants should check out a new resource from the U.S. Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration, “Taking the Mystery Out of Retirement Planning in Spanish,” available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/publications/nearretirementsp.html.
About Ms. Stamer
Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, management attorney and consultant Ms. Stamer has more than 23 years experience working with employer and other plan sponsors, insurers, Managing Editor of Solutions Law Press and a member of the editorial advisory board of many other industry publications and programs. The Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) RPTE Employee Benefits & Other Compensation Committee, a Council Representative on the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits, Government Affairs Committee Legislative Chair for the Dallas Human Resources Management Association, past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, and the editor and publisher of Solutions Law Press HR & Benefits Update and other Solutions Law Press Publications, Ms. Stamer also is recognized for her publications, industry leadership, workshops and presentations on these and other health industry and human resources concerns. She regularly speaks and conducts training for the ABA, Institute of Internal Auditors, Society for Professional Benefits Administrators, Southwest Benefits Association and many other organizations. Publishers of her many highly regarded writings on health industry and human resources matters include the Bureau of National Affairs, Aspen Publishers, ABA, AHLA, Aspen Publishers, Schneider Publications, Spencer Publications, World At Work, SHRM, HCCA, State Bar of Texas, Business Insurance, James Publishing and many others. You can review other highlights of Ms. Stamer’s experience here. Her insights on these and other matters appear in Managed Care Executive, Modern Health Care, the Wall Street Journal, the Dallas Business Journal, the Houston Business Journal, MDNews, Kentucky Physician, and many other national and local publications.
If you need help with human resources or other management, concerns, wish to ask about compliance, risk management or training, or need legal representation on other matters please contact Cynthia Marcotte Stamer here or (469)767-8872.
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing other recent Solutions Law Press updates including:
- Office of Civil Rights Proposes Changes To HIPAA Privacy, Security & Civil Sanctions Rules
- St. Louis Employer’s OSHA Violations Trigger Contempt Order and Penalties
- Review & Strengthen Defensibility of Existing Worker Classification Practices In Light of Rising Congressional & Regulatory Scrutiny
- Key Affordable Care Act Health Plan Coverage Mandates Guidance Issued June 28; Apply ASAP For Early Retirement Reinsurance Program
- Key Guidance Issued About New Affordable Care Act Health Plan Requirements; Teleconference Briefing Planned July 9
- Registration Open For July 9 In “Affordable Care Act & Other Federal Health Plan Guidance Update”
- HHS, DOL & IRS Rules Define “Grandfathered” Group Health Plans & Health Insurance Coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Stamer Speaks On “Designing Legally Defensible Wellness Programs That Work Amid Changing Federal Regulations” On June 10 in Dallas
- New Rule Requires Federal Government Contractors To Post New “Employee Rights Under The National Labor” Poster
- Defined Contribution Plans Investing In Publically Traded Employer Securities Face New Requirements
- CBO Raises Estimated Cost of Health Care Reforms As Employers, Health Plans Brace Costs Of Newly Effective & Impending Mandates
- Join Project COPE: Help Develop Real Tools To Meaningfully Empower Patients & Improve Health Care Access, Affordability & Quality
- Unemployment, COBRA Premium Subsidy Temporarily Extended As Congress Mulls Passing Longer Relief
- Agencies Invite Public To Share Input About Insurer Obligation To Report About Health Premium Use Under Health Care Reform Law
- Certain Workforce Reductions Trigger Plant Closing Notice & Other Obligations
- Mishandling Employee Benefit Obligations Creates Big Liabilities For Distressed Businesses & Their Business Leaders
- DOL Plans To Tighten Employment Protections For Disabled Veterans & Other Disabled Employees Signals Need For Businesses To Tighten Defenses
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile here or e-mailing this information here or registering to receive our Solutions Law Press distributions here. For important information about this communication click here. If you do not wish to receive these updates in the future, send an e-mail with the word “Remove” in the Subject to here.
©2010 Solutions Law Press. All rights reserved.