Curran Tomko Tarski LLP Labor & Employment Practice Chair and Solutions Law Press Publisher Cynthia Marcotte Stamer will discuss “TPA & Other Plan Services Agreements- Managing Risks & Improving Effectiveness” At 2010 Great Lakes Benefits Conference to be held at the Wyndham Chicago Hotel on June 16-17, 2010.
Growing regulatory, fiduciary and other compliance risks magnify the importance of the careful negotiation and documentation of third party administration and other plan-related service agreements for plans, plan sponsors, plan fiduciaries and service providers. Careful credentialing, negotiation and documentation of administrative and other services relationships plays an increasingly key role in the ability of plan sponsors, plans, fiduciaries and service providers to allocate and efficiently manage plan operations, meet compliance obligations, and allocate and manage fiduciary and other legal risks.
Ms. Stamer’s workshop will examine key concerns like how administrative services contract terms, plan terms, the parties of actions and other factors help determine which parties are exposed to fiduciary and other liabilities; who is responsible for fiduciary, administrative, reporting and disclosure, bonding, indemnification and other responsibilities; and terms and processes that may help parties manage their relationships and legal risks by exploring some of the common issues and concerns that need to be considered when entering into these contractual arrangements.
Co-hosted by the Internal Revenue Service and ASPPA, this two day Conference features presentations on regulatory, legislative, administrative and actuarial and other employee benefit issues lead by local, regional and national government representatives from the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor and nationally recognized employee benefit leaders from private industry. To register for the Conference or for additional information, see here.
Chair of the American Bar Association RPTE Employee Benefits & Compensation Committee, an ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits Council member, Chair of the Curran Tomko Tarski Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits Practice and former Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, Ms. Stamer is nationally recognized for more than 22 years domestic work with employer and other plan sponsors, fiduciaries, administrative and other service providers, insurers, and other clients on employee benefit program and product design, documentation, administration, compliance, risk management, and public policy matters. The publisher of Solutions Law Press, Ms. Stamer also publishes, conducts training and speaks extensively on these and related concerns. For additional information about Ms. Stamer and her experience or to access other publications by Ms. Stamer see here or contact Ms. Stamer directly. For additional information about the experience and services of Ms. Stamer and other members of the Curran Tomko Tarksi LLP team, see here.
If you need assistance with vendor or other outsourcing contracts, or other employee benefits, employment, compensation or other management concerns, wish to inquire about compliance, risk management or training, or need legal representation on other matters please contact Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, CTT Labor & Employment Practice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, 214.270.2402; or your other preferred Curran Tomko Tarski LLP attorney.
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing other updates and publications by Ms. Stamer including:
- Extension of Unemployment Benefits Signed Into Law & Immediately Effective As Filibuster Ends
- COBRA Premium Subsidy Requirements Expanded & Extended Under Newly Signed Unemployment Extension Legislation
- Employers Concerned About New Union Powers As NLRB Orders Union Elections In 31 California Health Care Facilities To Proceed
- Privacy Rule Changes & Posting of Breach Notices On OCR Website Signal New Enforcement Risks For Health Plans, Their Sponsors & Business Associates
- Stamer To Present “2010 Health Plan Checkup” At Annual DFW ISCEBS Employee Benefits Fundamentals Workshop
- SouthWest Benefits e-Connections Highlights Stamer Article About Importance For Health Plans, Their Sponsors & Business Associates To Update HIPAA Policies, Practices & Agreements
- Health Plan Liability Heats Up As Plans & Businesses Face New Obligations, Costs & Exposures under New HIPAA Privacy Rules Effective 2/17 & Other Expanding Federal Health Plan Mandates
- Employers, Group Health Plans Subject To New CHIP/Medicaid Notice, Coordination of Benefits & Special Enrollment Requirements
- Health Plans & Business Associates Face 2/17 Deadline To Update Policies, Contracts & Procedures For HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes
- St. Louis Employer’s OSHA Violations Trigger Contempt Order and Penalties
- Labor Department Final H-2A Certification Procedures Tighten Requirements For Employment Of Temporary Agricultural Employment Of Workers
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
- Inapplicability of HIPAA Privacy To Disability Insurer Not License To Impose Unreasonable Claims Requirements
- New Mental Health Parity Regulations Require Health Plan Review & Updates
- Health Plans & Employers Can Expect Pressure To Pay For Childhood Obesity Counseling From New American Academy of Pediatrics Report
You can review other recent human resources, employee benefits and internal controls publications and resources and additional information about the employment, employee benefits and other experience of Ms. Stamer here and learn more about other Curran Tomko Tarski LLP attorneys here. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile here or e-mailing this information to Cstamer@CTTLegal.com or registering to participate in the distribution of these and other updates on our Solutions Law Press distributions here. For important information concerning this communication click here. If you do not wish to receive these updates in the future, send an e-mail with the word “Remove” in the Subject to here.
©2010 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. All rights reserved.