Sunday, August 15, 2021 is the last day Americans can apply for special enrollment in health coverage in the federal health insurance exchange in 2021.
Comment On OSHA‘s Midified Aerial Lift Recordkeeping Requirements By 9/9August 10, 2021
September 9, 2021 is the deadline for employers and other interested parties to comment on the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (“OSHA”) information collection requirements regarding its Standard requiring when aerial lifts are ‘‘field modified’’ for uses other than those intended by the manufacturer, the manufacturer or other equivalent entity, such as a nationally recognized testing laboratory, must certify in writing that the modification is in conformity with all applicable provisions of ANSI A92.2–1969 and the OSHA standard and that the modified aerial lift is at least as safe as the equipment was before modification.
Existing standards also require employers to maintain the certification record and make it available to OSHA compliance officers. OSHA believes this certification record provides assurance to employers, workers, and compliance officers that the modified aerial lift is safe for use; thereby, preventing failure while workers are being elevated. The certification record also provides the most efficient means for the compliance officers to determine that an employer is complying with the Standard.
OSHA’s is inviting comments on:
- Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Department, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- If the information will be processed and used in a timely manner;
- The accuracy of the agency’s estimates of the burden and cost of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information collection; and
- Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information.