September 30, 2010 now is the deadline for employers and others wishing to comment on the information that the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) plans to require employers to supply when completing the “Form 73–028, IMAGE Information Request and Membership Application/ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers” (IMAGE Form) required to participate in the IMAGE program originally announced by ICE in the June 11, 2010 Federal Register here. In a notice published in the August 31, 2010 Federal Register, ICE announced that it is extending the period for commenting on its proposed information collection requirements for an additional 30 days after having received no response to its June 11, 2011 request for comments. Read more here.
For Assistance or More Information
If your organization needs assistance reviewing or responding to the request for comments or otherwise designing, defending or administering I-9 or other human resources compliance concerns, please contact the author of this update, Board Certified Labor & Employment attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer at (469) 767-8872 or via e-mail here.
Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Stamer has more than 23 years experience advising employers and others about I-9 and other labor and employment, employee benefits, compensation and other workforce compliance, risk management and defense matters. She continuously advises employers about these and other related regulatory compliance, workforce management, operational, public policy, enforcement, litigation and risk management and other concerns. Ms. Stamer also publishes, conducts client and other training, speaks and consults extensively on these and other health and managed care program concerns and practices. She regularly speaks and conducts training for the ABA, American Health Lawyers Association, Institute of Internal Auditors, and many other organizations. Her insights on these and related topics have appeared in Atlantic Information Service, Bureau of National Affairs, World At Work, The Wall Street Journal, Business Insurance, Managed Healthcare, Health Leaders, various ABA publications and a many other national and local publications. To contact Ms. Stamer or for additional information about Ms. Stamer, her experience, involvements, programs or Publishers of her many highly regarded writings on health industry and human resources matters include the Bureau of National Affairs, Aspen Publishers, ABA, AHLA, Aspen Publishers, Schneider Publications, Spencer Publications, World At Work, SHRM, HCCA, State Bar of Texas, Business Insurance, James Publishing and many others. You can review other highlights of Ms. Stamer’s experience here.
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing other recent Solutions Law Press updates including:
- Affordable Care Act’s Health Plan External & Internal Review Safe Harbor & Other Regulations Require Health Plan Updates
- Health Care Reform: What You Need To Know To Build Your Family’s Healthcare Survival Plan
- Small Employers Sponsoring Health Coverage May Qualify For New Tax Credit, Must Act Quickly To Comply With Other New Federal Health Plan Mandates Under Affordable Care Act & Other Laws
- Rite Aid Pays $1 Million HIPAA Privacy Settlement As OCR Tightens HIPAA Regulations
- New Affordable Care Act Mandated High Risk Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Pool Program Regulations Prohibit Plan Dumping of High Risk Members, Set Other Rules
- Congress & Labor Department Considering Tightening of Retirement Plan Regulations
- Testimony Highlights Growing Exposure of Businesses Misclassifying Workers; Businesses Should Act to Minimize Risks
- Businesses Employing Children Should Review & Tighten Practices In Light of Tightened Rules & Increased Penalties
- New Affordable Care Act Health Plan Appeals Regulations Require Health Plan Updates
- Blockbuster & Health Delivery Disability Discrimination Settlements Highlight Need For Tightened Disability Discrimination Risk Management
- Agencies Release Regulations Implementing Affordable Care Act Health Plan Preventative Care Mandates
- New Retirement Plan Resource To Help Spanish-Speaking Participants With Retirement Planning
- Office of Civil Rights Proposes Changes To HIPAA Privacy, Security & Civil Sanctions Rules
- St. Louis Employer’s OSHA Violations Trigger Contempt Order and Penalties
- Review & Strengthen Defensibility of Existing Worker Classification Practices In Light of Rising Congressional & Regulatory Scrutiny
- Key Affordable Care Act Health Plan Coverage Mandates Guidance Issued June 28; Apply ASAP For Early Retirement Reinsurance Program
- HHS, DOL & IRS Rules Define “Grandfathered” Group Health Plans & Health Insurance Coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- New Rule Requires Federal Government Contractors To Post New “Employee Rights Under The National Labor” Poster
- Defined Contribution Plans Investing In Publically Traded Employer Securities Face New Requirements
- CBO Raises Estimated Cost of Health Care Reforms As Employers, Health Plans Brace Costs Of Newly Effective & Impending Mandates
- Certain Workforce Reductions Trigger Plant Closing Notice & Other Obligations
- Mishandling Employee Benefit Obligations Creates Big Liabilities For Distressed Businesses & Their Business Leaders
- DOL Plans To Tighten Employment Protections For Disabled Veterans & Other Disabled Employees Signals Need For Businesses To Tighten Defenses
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
About Solutions Law Press
Solutions Law Press™ provides business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other resources, training and education on human resources, employee benefits, compensation, data security and privacy, health care, insurance, and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and other key operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press resources available for review here. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates and notices about other upcoming Solutions Law Press events, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail- by creating or updating your profile at here. For important information concerning this communication click here.
©2010 Solutions Law Press. All rights reserved.