Cynthia Marcotte Stamer will share key information and practical strategies for ”Coping with Health Care Reform Now” at the Dallas Chaper ICEBS Valentines Day luncheon meeting on February 14, 2012. The meeting is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m on February 14, 2012 at Haggar Clothing Company at 11511 Luna Road, Dallas, Texas . Interested persons may register or get other details at http://www.dfwiscebs.org.
With the initial debate about the Constitutionality of the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (ACA) decided and making a Congressional reprieve highly improbable, employer and other health plan sponsors, insurers, fiduciaries and administrators are scrambling to update plan documents, communications, processes and procedures to meet current ACA and other health plan rules, while bracing to cope with the sweeping health care reforms slated to take effect in 2014. These already daunting tasks are made more challenging by the continuing uncertainty of the constantly evolving regulations, evolving marketplace, increases in health plan costs and ever-shrinking corporate budgets.
To help health plan sponsors, fiduciaries, administrators and insurers deal with the tough business of implementation, attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer will discuss practical strategies, legal updates and other information needed for to cope with health care reform now and to prepare to meet future health plan regulations and challenges including:
- The Latest On Key ACA & Other Health Care Reform Regulations Such As ACA’s Requirements On Fees Employers Sponsoring Self-Insured Health Plans & Insurers Must Pay To Fund The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, Contraceptive and Other Preventive Services, Nondiscrimination, Essential Health Benefits, Internal Claims and Appeals and External Review, Medical Loss Ratios, Large Employer Automatic Enrollment, Summary of Benefits & Coverage, Culturally & Linguistically Appropriateness, Value-Based Insurance Design, Wellness Programs, Exchanges, the Employer Pay-Or-Plan Mandates, Wellness Reporting, Wellness Programs, W-2 Reporting of Employer Provided Health Coverage, Employer Plan Minimum Value & The Premium Tax Credit And Other ACA & Other Federal Health Plan Mandates;
- Key Changes To HIPAA Privacy Regulations & What Health Plans & Employers Should Expect To Be Required To Do To Comply With These Changes By the September, 2013 Deadline;
- What’s Happened, Happening & Likely To Happen With Exchanges;
- A 12-Step Practical Process For Helping Employers Managing ACA & Other Health Plan Compliance Responsibilities & Risks; and
- Tips On What To Watch For And Options For Maintaining Flexibility To Respond To Evolving Rules; and
- Answer Common Questions That Health Plan Sponsors and Administrators Are Struggling With Submitted By Audience Members
Registrants are encouraged to help shape the program to reflect their questions and concerns by e-mailing their proposed questions prior to the program to email@example.com. The program’s educational* discussion will be tailored taking into account this input with significant time set aside to share practical information and possible approaches for addressing questions and concerns of shared concern identified from this audience input.
About Ms. Stamer
A Fellow in the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, the American Bar Association & the State Bar of Texas, recognized in International Who’s Who, and Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law, Cynthia Marcotte Stamer is nationally and internationally recognized for her extensive and highly practical, solutions-oriented health plan work, advocacy, publications, programs and leadership.
For more than 25 years, Ms. Stamer has advised and represented private and public employers, employer and union plan sponsors, employee benefit plans, associations, their fiduciaries, administrators, and vendors, group health, Medicare and Medicaid Advantage, and other insurers, governments and others on health and other employee benefit, employment, insurance and health care compliance, risk management, public policy, administration and defense. Throughout her career, Ms. Stamer has worked extensively with employer and other health plan sponsors, insurers, plan administrators and other service providers, outsourcers and others to develop innovative health benefit programs and solutions and to document, administer and defend those arrangements in the mist of rising costs, evolving regulations and changing markets.
A primary drafter of the Bolivian Social Security privatization law with extensive regulatory and public policy experience, Ms. Stamer has been involved domestically and internationally as an advocate and advisor on health care, pension and Social Security, workforce and insurance reform and regulation. She presently serves as the scribe for the ABA JCEB Annual Agency Meeting with the Office of Civil Rights. She also represents clients in dealings with the US Congress, Departments of Labor, Treasury, Health & Human Services, Federal Trade Commission, HUD and Justice, as well as a state legislatures attorneys general, insurance, labor, worker’s compensation, and other agencies and regulators.
Past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group and the ABA RPTE Employee Benefits Group, Ms. Stamer presently serves as Co-Chair of the ABA RPTE Section Welfare Plan Committee; Vice Chair of the ABA TIPS Employee Benefit Committee; as a Council Representative of the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits; an Editorial Advisory Board Member for the Institute of Human Resources (IHR/HR.com), Employee Benefit News and Insurance Thought Leadership; Editor and Publisher of various Solutions Law Press, Inc. publications, and previously served on the Editorial Advisor Board of the the BNA Employee Benefits CD-Rolm.
A popular and prolific author and speaker, Ms. Stamer’s Solutions Law Press, Inc. HR & Benefits Update publication was recognized as one of the Top 50 Human Resources Blogs To Watch in 2012. Ms. Stamer regularly authors materials and conducts workshops and professional, management and other training on employee benefits, human resources and related topics for the ABA, Aspen Publishers, the Bureau of National Affairs (BNA), SHRM, World At Work, Government Institutes, Inc., the Society of Professional Benefits Administrators and many other organizations. She also regularly serves on the faculty and planning committees of a multitude of symposium and other educational programs. For more details about Ms. Stamer’s services, experience, presentations, publications, and other credentials or to inquire about arranging counseling, training or presentations or other services by Ms. Stamer, see www.CynthiaStamer.com.
* Registrants are reminded that this discussion is provided for general information and educational purposes. Accordingly, registrants are reminded that the discussion does not constitute legal advice, a substitute for legal advice or establish an attorney-client or other professional relationship.
About Solutions Law Press, Inc.™
Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ provides business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other resources, training and education on human resources, employee benefits, compensation, data security and privacy, health care, insurance, and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and other key operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested in exploring other Solutions Law Press, Inc. ™ tools, products, training and other resources here and reading some of our other Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ human resources news here including the following:
- BNSF OSHA Whistleblower Settlement Gives Employers Insights About Policies OSHA View As Prohibited
- OCR Publishes Long-Anticipated Omnibus Restatement of HIPAA Privacy, Security, Breach Notification & Enforcement Rules
- OCR Gives HIPAA Guidance On Safety Disclosures
- IRS Offers New Simplified Option For Businesses Claiming Home Office Deductions For Home-Based Business Owners & Workers
- IRS Announces Cost of Living & American Taxpayer Relief Act Income Tax Adjustments
- Tax-Related ID Theft Growing Problem For IRS, Taxpayers
- Tax Saver’s Credit Helps Low & Moderate Income Workers Save For Retirement; Possible Tool To Help Boost Their Participation In Employer Plans
- Self-Insured Health Plan Sponsors, Health Insurers Brace To Pay New ACA-Imposed Fees
- 1st OCR Small HIPAA Breach Settlement Shows Plans, Other Covered Entities At Risk From Small Breach Reports Too
- Labor Department Targeting Businesses Violating Overtime, Other Wage & Hour Laws
- Company President, Officer Can’t Use Bankruptcy To Avoid Liability For Using Plan Money For Company Operations
- Peter Madoff 10 Sentence For Defrauding ERISA Plans Reminder Manage Plan Investment Responsibilities
- IRS Plans To Issue 2013 Withholding Guidance By 12/31
- ESOP, Other Employee Plan Investments In Company Stock Land Plans, Fiduciaries, Sponsors & Others In Hot Water
- Confirm Qualified Plans Updated By Reviewing Against 2012 Required Plan Qualification Requirements Change List
- Catch Up On Health Reform & Other Key Employee Benefits & Insurance Issues Emerging Issues and Litigation Relating to Life, Health, Disability and ERISA Symposium In Ft. Lauderdale
- 2013 Standard Mileage Rates Announced
- IRS Shares Rules Allowing Government Plans To Switch Remedial Amendment Cycles
- Reminder To Amend Health FSA Plan Terms To Include ACA $2500 Contribution Before 2013 Plan Year Begins
- Bank’ $1Million Plus Overtime Settlement Shows Risks of Misapplying FLSA’s Administrative Exemption
- Labor Department Serves The Christmas Light Co. & Its Owner With Holiday Season FLSA Lawsuit
- Boston Hides and Furs Ltd. Sued For $1 Million For Alleged Willful FLSA Wage & Hour Law Violations
- 2013 Maximum Yearly PBGC Guaranteed Pension Benefit Amount To Increase Slightly In 2013
- Rare Court Order Telling Union To Stop Filing Grievances Example Of Employer Risks When Caught Between Competing Unions
- IRS OKs Retirement Plans Allowing Plan Loans & Hardship Withdrawals To Hurricane Sandy Victims
- Agencies Release ACA Wellness, Adult Pre-Existing Condition, Essential Health Benefits Guidance; Briefing Planned
- New Employee Smart Phone App New Tool In Labor Department’s Aggressive Wage & Hour Law Enforcement Campaign Against Restaurant & Other Employers
- 12 Steps Every Employer With A Health Plan Should Do Now No Matter Who Wins the Election
- Boost Employee Recognition of Value Of Employer & Other Retirement Savings Tools & Plans
- Texas Landscaper’s $106,000 In Minimum Wage & Overtime Settlement Reminds Employers To Prepare For FLSA Enforcement
- NLRB’s Nailing of Bel Air Hotel Reminder RIFs, Other Reengineering & Transactions Impacting Workforce Requirement Proper Risk Management
- Tighten Disability Discrimination Defenses As National Disability Employment Awareness Month Promises To Whip Up New Claims & Awareness
- Settlement of OFCCP Employment Discrimination Charge Reminder To ARRA, Other Government Contractors Of Heightened Enforcement Risks
- $1.25M NLRB Backpay Order Highlights Risks of Mismanaging Union Risks In Health Care & Others M&A Deals
- As EEOC Steps Up ADA Accommodation Enforcement, New DOD Apple App, Other Resources Released
- $1.5 M HIPAA Security Breach Resolution Agreement Shows Looming HIPAA Risks
- Labor Risks Rising For Employers Despite NLRB Loss Of Arizona Secret Ballot Challenge
- USI Advisors Will Pay $1.27 Million To Settle Charges It Violated ERISA Fee Disclosure Requirements
©2013 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, P.C. Non-exclusive license to republish granted to Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ All other rights reserved.