Employer and other group health plan sponsors and insurers, fiduciaries and administrators of group health must update their health plans and practices to comply with new federal rules imposed by the Affordable Care Act and a host of other evolving federal health plan rules. In the meantime, health plan sponsors, fiduciaries, insurers and administrators looking to catch up on the most significant new requirements for employer and union sponsored health plans for the upcoming year also should consider registering to participate in the Solutions Law Press Health Plan Update Briefing scheduled for August 24, 2010.
October 13 NBI Teleconference Focuses On Eligibility Requirements
Catch up on the evolving federal health plan eligibility rules that employer and union sponsored group health plans must meet by listening in as attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer speaks about “Health Plan Eligibility Update”” on a live teleconference to be hosted by National Business Institutes on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 from 1:00 p.m.- 2:30 Central Time. To register or for additional information on the October 13 NBI Teleconference , visit
During the October 13, 2010 Health Plan Eligibility Teleconference, Ms. Stamer will share:
ü Core Requirements Of Federal Group Health Plan Eligibility Rules Including Evolving Requirements of:
- The Affordable Care Act
- Family Leave
- Military Leave
- Michelle’s Law & Other Dependent Coverage
- Medicare Secondary Payer
ü Implications On Cafeteria Plan & Other Common Enrollment Strategies
ü Tips to Keep Health Plans Complaint
August 24 SLP Internet Briefing Overviews Latest Core Federal Rules For Group Health Plans Generally
Solutions Law Press invites you to catch up on the latest guidance about the new group health plan mandates imposed under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Affordable Care Act) and other federal health plan regulations by participating in a live “2010 Health Plan Update” internet[i] broadcast briefing on Tuesday, August 24 2010. The briefing will be conducted via live video broadcast from 11:00 A.M.-1:30 P.M. Central Time. The August 24, 2010 “2010 Health Plan Update” briefing will cover the latest guidance on Affordable Care Act and other federal health plan regulatory changes impacting employment-based group health plans and their sponsors for plan years beginning between September 23, 2010 and September 22, 2011 and other key information to help employers, group health plans, insurers, plan administrators, fiduciaries, broker and others working with these plans to understand and respond to these new requirements. Register/Get Details Here!
About The Presenter
Both programs will be conducted by attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. With more than 23 years of experience advising employers, group health plans, plan fiduciaries, plan administrators and vendors, insurers and others about health plan and managed care matters, Ms. Stamer is nationally known for her work, publications and presentations on health plan and other employee benefit, health care and insurance matters.
Current Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) RPTE Employee Benefit & Other Compensation Committee, a Council Member of the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits and Past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, Ms. Stamer continuously advises employers, health plans, plan sponsors, fiduciaries, plan administrators, plan vendors, insurers and others about health program related legal, operational, documentation, public policy, enforcement, privacy, technology, litigation and risk management and other concerns. Ms. Stamer also publishes and speaks extensively on these and other health and managed care program concerns and practices. Her insights on these and related topics have appeared in Atlantic Information Service, Bureau of National Affairs, World At Work, The Wall Street Journal, Business Insurance, Managed Healthcare, Health Leaders, various ABA publications and a many other national and local publications. To contact Ms. Stamer or for additional information about Ms. Stamer, her experience, involvements, programs or publications, contact Ms. Stamer at (469) 767-8872 or via e-mail here, or see here.
About Solutions Law Press
Solutions Law Press™ provides business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other resources, training and education on human resources, employee benefits, compensation, data security and privacy, health care, insurance, and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and other key operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press resources available for review here. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates and notices about other upcoming Solutions Law Press events, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail- by creating or updating your profile at here. For important information concerning this communication click here.
If you found this of interest, you also may be interested in the following recent Solutions Law Press publications by Ms. Stamer:
- Small Employers Sponsoring Health Coverage May Qualify For New Tax Credit, Must Act Quickly To Comply With Other New Federal Health Plan Mandates Under Affordable Care Act & Other Laws
- Rite Aid Pays $1 Million HIPAA Privacy Settlement As OCR Tightens HIPAA Regulations
- New Affordable Care Act Mandated High Risk Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Pool Program Regulations Prohibit Plan Dumping of High Risk Members, Set Other Rules
- Congress & Labor Department Considering Tightening of Retirement Plan Regulations
- Testimony Highlights Growing Exposure of Businesses Misclassifying Workers; Businesses Should Act to Minimize Risks
- New Affordable Care Act Health Plan Appeals Regulations Require Health Plan Updates
- Blockbuster & Health Delivery Disability Discrimination Settlements Highlight Need For Tightened Disability Discrimination Risk Management
- Labor Department FMLA Guidance Signals Need For Employer Care Determining Who Qualifies As Child
- Agencies Release Regulations Implementing Affordable Care Act Health Plan Preventative Care Mandates
- Employers, Group Health Plans Subject To New CHIP/Medicaid Notice, Coordination of Benefits & Special Enrollment Requirements
- Health Plans & Business Associates Face 2/17 Deadline To Update Policies, Contracts & Procedures For HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
- Inapplicability of HIPAA Privacy To Disability Insurer Not License To Impose Unreasonable Claims Requirements
- New Mental Health Parity Regulations Require Health Plan Review & Updates
- New Labor Department Rule Allows Employers 7 Days To Deliver Employee Contributions To Employee Benefit Plans
©2010 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. All rights reserved.